How do I write a winning proposal?

After writing business proposals from last 5 years for different verticals, I feel like anybody can be a proposal writer as it is not a rocket science task. However, the big deal is to write a winning proposal that can ultimately generate revenue for the company and can close a lot of deals. I believe the winning proposal should be crystal clear, more graphics, fewer words, and no fake marketing, which can help the proposal evaluators to evaluate your proposal and what all offers you have given to them. At times lengthy proposals cannot provide you the ideal solution. After analyzing my Win/Loss proposal ratio from the last five years, I get the feeling that my winning proposals were brief and covered all the core things they need. Thinking out of the box and innovation in your proposals or solution is all it matters, as I have read countless proposals claiming that they can provide cutting edge solutions but completely lack innovation, So please focus on this. 
Also, keep everything to the point, bullets points are preferred, you need to do research and get an idea what the organization pain points are, for example.
  • If someone has pain in his head, give the medicine of the head and brief it how it can resolve your head pain with less cost, rather than providing the medicine of arm and briefing about it, which ultimately makes no sense. 
Apart from writing proposals manually, different government proposal writing software can make your job easier and will save a lot of your time. I use Zbizlink which is engineered to ease government, federal and commercial proposals and support the full business development lifecycle with numerous super-smart, time-saving features like RFP Parser, global auto-fill, role-specific dashboards, customizable templates.
So I will conclude what all I focus on in my proposal.
  1. Understanding the client Requirement 
  2. Proposed Approach
  3. Why will you choose us?
  4. Have a plan
  5. Our strengths. 
  6. The Proposed Team and pricing
  7. Appendices

Post a Comment

0 Comments